Displease your Children

 I Kings 1:5-6 are  great verses to motivate me as a parent to "displease" my children.  Obviously, this is not my hope in parenting, but there is something important to see here.  Adonijah's arrogant behavior is explained by the actions of his farther "never to displease him by asking "why are you doing that?"  Instruction over impatient denial (i.e."No, because I said so!) or mere destructive appeasing (i.e."Fine, you can have one more.") takes time, consistency,courage, thoughtfulness, love, and a Godward view of parenting (and at times a tough skin).  I encourage those of us who are parents to read 1 Kings 5:6 often as we raise our children.  

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.