Four Questions to Ask when Facing Obstacles

For the last 15 years, the end of May has been a time to pause between the school year and summer minsitry in order to reflect, evaluate and refocus on the coming year.

These questions were given to me by a friend a while ago. I don't know who these questions orginated with, but they've been helpful to me as I look at the obstacles I and my ministry are facing. I believe they are God glorifying questions that keep me listening to Him, trustings His Soveriegnty and in the proper place as "follower"while letting Him lead.

In facing this obstacle:
  1. What do you/we need to STOP doing? Is this mission critical? (You may call this "planned abaondonment")


  2. Which of these "obstacles" are actually God's way of showing us His "opportunities"?


  3. Am I/Are we willing to fail? Do I/we believe that there is greater wisdom to be gained from our failures than from our successes?


  4. What is God trying to show me/us through our greatest limitation?
What's one of the biggest obstacles that you are facing in your ministry or life right now? How many do these questions give you another lens through which to view that obstacle?

0 comments: