China's Freedom

I'm sitting at YMEC meeting in Virginia Beach, VA. I just got done with a certain ministry director here at the conference. In a convesation about prayer and renewal ministry my friend said something to me that stopped me in my tracks. He said, "as you seek to be a part of accomplishing the Great Commission, pray for the complete freedom of China. There are currently 1 million international missionaries throughout the world. The Chinese church has a vision to tithe it's people to world evangelism, sending 10% of it's people worldwide to accomplish the Great Commission. This would be 10 million additional international missionaries. I've prayed for God to send missionaries to certain countries. I've prayed for the church to be built up in certain countries. I've prayed for believers to around the world to have a vision to reach lost people. I've never prayed for a country to become a major sending country. As I ponder my conversation with my friend, I am both humbled and stunned. Does my ministry vision for youth minsitry or the church involve any thought of tithing our people towards the final people groups to be reached with the Gospel? I've got a lot to learn from my brothers and sisters in other countries.

0 comments: